TOWN OF BEDFORD
RECREATION & PARKS DEPARTMENT
PARKS MAINTENANCE / MOWING CREW
2017 SUMMER SEASON
Responsible to: Parks Department – Tom Megna, Parks Foreman
Season: Immediate – Mid/Late August, or as agreed to based on availability.
Salary Range: $11.00 – $16.00/hr. based on experience.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday – no weekends
Time: 7:00am – 3:30pm
Location: Parks Garage (1 position); Bedford Hills Memorial Park (1 position)
The Town of Bedford is looking for highly motivated mature individuals to work on our Parks Department maintenance & mowing crew that cares for all of the turf areas in our park facilities, dog park, cemeteries, downtown hamlets and historical properties in the Town of Bedford. Individuals must be physically fit, have the ability to work independent of direct supervision and have reliable transportation to work. Staff uniform (shirt) is provided and must be worn at all times. Neat appropriate attire is required. Work boots/shoes are mandatory.
Sample of Duties – but not limited to:
- Mowing of turf in parks, pools, athletic fields, dog park, cemeteries, hamlet greenbelt areas, at town campus buildings, and historical properties.
- Weed/Grass trimming as required.
- Garbage collection & disposal as required.
- Recycling collection & disposal as required.
- Litter Patrol & pick up
- Blow off/hose off walks
- Rake/level play area mulch
- Clean shelters
- Clean seasonal restrooms
- Check/clean Porta Johns
- Tend floral areas/planters
- Ball field prep assistance
- Spot watering as needed
- Special projects as assigned
- Perform all other parks related work tasks as assigned by the Parks Foreman or Assistant Foreman.
For more information or to submit a letter of interest, please contact Bill Heidepriem, Superintendent of Recreation & Parks, at 914-666-8494 or firstname.lastname@example.org