Licenses & Non-Building Permits

Through the Town Clerk's office, residents can access a wide range of applications and licenses ranging from vital records to events.  Details below and our office is always here to help.  

Helpful Documents

Please note: marriage licenses are issued by appointment only and both parties must come together. Hours are 8:30 am to 4 pm. Monday through Friday. If you need an after-hours appointment, please call the Town Clerk to make arrangements.

Please bring the following documents with you:

    • An original birth certificate or certified duplicate issued by the registrar of vital statistics in the city where you were born. A photocopy is not acceptable
    • Photo identification: a driver's license, non-driver's id or a valid passport
    • If either of the applicants has been previously married, a certified copy of the decree of divorce, dissolution of marriage or death certificate is required. If there have been multiple previous marriages, this applies for each marriage. Note: If any of the documents listed are not written in English, the document must be translated by a certified translator. A number of translation services are listed in the yellow pages
    • The fee for the license is $40

Notice: There is a 24-hour waiting period after the license is issued in which you may not get married. The license is then valid for sixty days beginning the day after the license is issued.