Bedford Village Historic District Review Commission


Established in 1972, the Historic District Review Commission was established to protect and perpetuate places and buildings having a special historic designation within the Bedford Village hamlet. 

The historic area, designated as a historic district, dates from the founding of Bedford in 1680 and contains a number of historic landmarks, including the Village Green and a colonial graveyard and public and private buildings that display the architecture of the period from the 1700s to the present.

The Review Commission is charged with regulating the construction of new buildings and the reconstruction, alteration and demolition of existing buildings, including outbuildings, walls, fences, steps and signs.