Town Clerk

TC and Deputy

Lisbeth “Boo” Fumagalli, Town Clerk
Nina Kellogg, Deputy Town Clerk
321 Bedford Road, Bedford Hills, NY 10507
914.666.4534, fax 914.666.5249

  • Hours of Operation: 8:30-4:30, Monday through Friday
  • Evening/weekend appointments are available by appointment for Town residents only.

Download forms, permits and applications

View the Town of Bedford 2019 Fee Schedule

The Town Clerk is elected to a four-year term and serves as the Records Management Officer and the Registrar of Vital Statistics. This office is responsible for the safekeeping of Town records and assists in local elections.

Dog Park Licensing Procedures

All dogs using the Bedford Dog Park also known as “Canine Commons at Beaver Dam Park – A Tribute to Working Dogs” must be licensed through the Clerks office. No permit will be issued unless the dog is properly licensed through the Town of Bedford and permits will be rescinded if a dog’s Town license expires and is not renewed on time. Day guest passes are available and must be obtained at the Town Clerk’s office; proof of valid Town of residence license and rabies certification must be provided before a pass will be issued.

Click image for Dog Park Rules

Click image for Dog Park Rules


There is a limited number of non-resident permits available on a first-come, first-serviced basis. Call the Town Clerk’s office for availability and for current rates.

One of the most popular offices, the Town Clerk’s Office is where residents may be able to take care of a wide range of business with the Town, including:

To obtain a marriage license in the Town of Bedford:

      1. Marriage licenses are issued by appointment only and both parties must come together. Hours are from 8:30 to 4 daily, Monday thru Friday. If you need an after-hours appointment, please call the Town Clerk to make arrangements.
      2. Bring the following documents with you:
        • An original birth certificate or certified duplicate issued by the registrar of vital statistics in the city where you were born. A photocopy is not acceptable.
        • Photo identification: a driver’s license, non-driver’s id or a valid passport.
        • If either of the applicants has been previously married, a certified copy of the decree of divorce, dissolution of marriage or death certificate is required. If there have been multiple previous marriages, this applies for each marriage. Note: If any of the documents listed are not written in English, the document must be translated by a certified translator. A number of translation services are listed in the yellow pages.
        • The fee for the license is $40.
        • There is a 24  hour waiting period after the license is issued in which you may not get married. The license is then valid for sixty days beginning the day after the license is issued.
Reporting of Wild Animals

Chapter 680 of the Laws of 2002 enacted General Municipal Law 209-cc, requires the annual reporting of the presence of wild animals. The law states that each person owing, possessing, or harboring a wild animal as set forth in 209-cc must report its presence to the Town Clerk’s office on or before April 1 of each year. The town clerk will forward a copy of the completed report form to each state police troop, local police and fire department and ambulance/emergency services having jurisdiction over the hamlet where the wild animal resides. A copy of this law and form to report the Presence of Wild Animals is available at the Town Clerk’s office or can be found on this website under Resources/Forms & Applications under the heading Town Clerk.