STATE OF EMERGENCY; UPDATE 3-8-18 10:30 AM
The Town’s State of Emergency remains in effect until further notice.
- Approximately 75% of the Town has no power.
- Apart from minor injuries sustained in a storm related vehicular accident last night, no injuries have been reported.
- BCSD and KLSD closed today. Town of Bedford offices open on a three hour delay (11:30 AM opening) but doors are open at 321 Bedford Road, Bedford Hills for warming/charging center.
- Our focus is on restoring power to critical facilities.
- Emergencies: call 911 (real emergencies only, please). Downed trees/lines, call police desk at 241-3111 (please advise location, whether trees in wires, whether road blocked).
Road Closures (in alphabetical order)
Warming and Charging Centers
- John Jay High School will be open as a warming/charging center from noon to 5 PM. Courtroom in Town Offices at 321 Bedford Road, BH open throughout day as warming/charging center.
- Bedford Village Library: “We have power but no wireless or internet connection. We will open at 10 for warming, charging and of course free coffee.”
- Katonah Museum of Art “The KMA would like to offer its galleries and learning center as a place of refuge, fun activity, and charging station for our neighbors in this difficult time. We’ve got power! Come recharge at the Museum. Great art, activities, and charging stations. Open today 11 – 5. FREE ADMISSION!”
- Bedford Hills Free Library. Warming/charging. Open at 1 PM closes at 6 PM
Dry Ice and Water
We will have dry ice and water beginning at 11:00 AM through 4:30 PM (or until supplies run out) for pick up at Town Offices at 425 Cherry Street.
Safety Our Highest Priority
The Town’s road crews are focused this morning and likely into the afternoon on working with the utilities to make roads safe from live electrical wires on the road and then opening roads with the highest priority being Route 172 to the hospital.
Restoration of Power
We don’t know when. The utilities are assessing the damage with the utilities. As soon as we know more, we’ll provide. We have crews from both Con Edison and NYSEG in Bedford working on making roads safe and then restoring power.
Verizon FIOS/Optimum Online
We understand that in addition to no power, there is no internet and people have had difficulty getting through to Verizon and Optimum. Please e-mail Bea Rhodes at firstname.lastname@example.org with phone and address. She is reporting to the providers.
Our apologies, but we simply are not going to be able to get to clearing sidewalks at this time. Please be patient.
Propane for Generators
We’ve gotten calls expressing concern about propane availability. The following is not a complete list, but what we’ve put together this morning with comments where we have them.
Halstead Quinn, Mt. Kisco, 277-8089
Heritage Fuel, Croton Falls, 666-3200, Available – Serving emptiest tanks first! Check your tank
Suburban Propane, Mt. Kisco, 666-5174
Platinum Propane, Millwood, 666-2323
PLEASE BE SAFE!